Holy smokes it's 2017 and I haven't blogged in ages. A new year always brings about resolutions. I'm not really a fan of resolutions, but I am a fan of setting goals and choosing a word to live by and pray over for the year. More on that in the days to come.
Back to the New Year. Our New Year's Eve was a low key evening with family and plenty of food. My sister made a delicious white choclate mousse served with fresh fruit. I could have ate the whole bowl, it tasted like a mix of homemade ice cream and homemade pudding. It also made me want homemade tapioca pudding. For the main meal we had hoisin wings, cocktail meatballs, meat and cheese tray, cold veggies and dip...the list does go on but I will spare you. My husband teases that I picked up the genes from my mom's side of the family where we make enough food to feed those invited times three. Needless to say the leftovers are an added benefit to not having to cook much this week. With that here's another edition of the Tuesday Ten.
1. What's for supper? I somewhat answered that above. Some leftovers and tonight I used leftover ham to make a rice, vegetable and ham hotdish. In typical fashion I made enought to feed an army so our leftovers have grown yet again.
2. What am I listening to? Nothing on a consitent basis, but I would like to get back into listening to podcasts.
3. How's the weather? COLD, this weekend brought about 6 inches of snow followed by a dip in temp and an increase in wind.
4. What are our weekend plans? Enjoying time at home before my busy season kicks in. Busy season = Saturdays at the office.
5. What are we watching? Fixer Upper.
6. Boy mom moment of the past week: Learning lots of new words and testing the limits. He broke one of my favorite decorations this week when he knocked it off the dining room table. I need to remind myself that objects are not as important as those little hands accidently braking them. ;)
7. Girl mom moment of the past week: Enjoying sips of coffee with her dad in the morning.
8. Favorite recipe of the week: My sisters white choclate mousse! I don't have the recipe YET, but hopefully soon.
9. What am I reading: The back of my eyelids. Whoever said you get energy back in the second trimester must not have been chasing two kiddos around.
10. Farm moment of the week: It's pretty quiet on the farm, working on the beet lifter and budgets (really that is what the guys are working on, I'm a spectator and a third ear when needed).
I'm Lisa, a farm wife, mom and old lady at heart (or my husband tells me so). Agriculture, quilting, and baking were my first loves and now I get to enjoy them with my family!