You would think I could at least keep you all up to date on our Tuesday Ten, ha guess not. So with a long overdue edition here we go :)
1. What’s for supper: Anything on the grill, we are enjoying the season of cooking outside. Think brats, burgers, steak, bacon wrapped pork chops, asparagus, foil packets filled with potatoes and onions.
2. What am I listening to: The kids playing/screaming
3. Weather: HOT! Not ready for this type of weather in June. We will need a shot of rain soon and I am sure the hot temps will bring us some gully washing rain.
4. Weekend plans: Stay in the air conditioning and get the water toys out in the yard.
5. Watching: I think I need to change #5, coming from the lady who tells her husband we should just cancel our cable.
6. Boy moment of the week: I might be oversharing here but any parent should be able to related. We are nearing the stage of potty training and will let him be in undies when we are at home. Last night he used the toiled so I thought perfect let's give it a go. About 20 minutes later our daughter yells "Mom, he just pooped on the floor!" We couldn't help laughing a little and I think we have some things to work on.
7. Girl moment of the week: Singing the Cow Cow Boogie, an original remake off a Paw Patrol song. We also got a name suggestion for our soon to arrive baby. Our conversation went like this:
"Mom, if we have a baby let's name him Norman"
"Yes, like Penny. She is a Norman shorthair."
"Honey, she is a German shorthair not a Norman shorthair."
9. Recipe of the week: I don’t cook as much from recipes in the summer, but would love to try using our cast iron pan on the grill to cook some steaks. Ok just kidding I do have a must make for the week, it’s this delicious rhubarb simple syrup.
10. Reading: The Hopefuls. I still have my goal of reading 14 books this year and I am falling short so I have drug my butt to the library recently to get some. I have only finished two so far so in other words...wish me luck.
11. Farm moment of the week: this was a couple weeks ago, but we took our first family ride in our Hagie sprayer. So neat to see the functionality of this beast. We are also in the process of putting up an center pivot irrigation system on a piece of lighter soil to improve production.
Phew, see it's not that hard. I just need to find the time to keep you all updated. ;)
I'm Lisa, a farm wife, mom and old lady at heart (or my husband tells me so). Agriculture, quilting, and baking were my first loves and now I get to enjoy them with my family!