Harvest is here. EEK! So exciting as fall is by far my FAVORITE season. Even better the first day of fall is on Thursday. I got the kiddos fed last night and we headed out to see everything in action. Mr. Farmer was at our second bin site unloading soybeans while his dad, brother and hired men were busy out in the field harvesting.
I believe my excitement comes as we see all of the hard word come to fruition. Seeing the combines rolling down the field through the dust at sunset is a sight that everyone should get the chance to see in their lifetime. Can I add to the list of the wonders of the world? Well if it was up to me farming/agriculture would be added. Where else can you see hard work, science, mother nature and God’s hand all play out? This excitement and wonder is shared by everyone when the hours get long. Soybeans have just started for us and corn will not be far behind. Soon enough we will have one combine doing each. Fast forward another 12 days or so and main harvest for sugar beets will be here. That also means September is done. How time flies...
To add to the excitement I am starting a new series called the Tuesday Ten. This will give a little glimpse into what our week is looking like from farming to family to food and all of the other stuff in between. So here we go with the first Tuesday Ten.
1. What's for supper? I guess it was only fitting that we had tacos for #TacoTuesday, I usually make homemade tortillas but we opted for some store bought flour ones tonight.
2. What am I listening to? I listen to mostly country and am still obsessed with Dierks & Elle singing "It's Different for Girls"
3. How's the weather? Fall-ish, starting to cool down into the 70s but spotty rain showers throw a wrench into planned soybean harvest.
4. What are our weekend plans? Mr. Farmer will be farming so the kiddos and I will be fending for ourselves. I want to get more of the garden cleaned up and I'm sure we will venture out to the field for more combine and tractor rides.
5. What are we watching? I'm not a huge TV watcher, but I can't wait for the next season of Fixer Upper to start.
6. Boy mom moment of the past week: Little man is 16 months old and is starting to know animal sounds. So far we know sheep, deer and cow.
7. Girl mom moment of the past week: We are heading out for the morning and little Miss says "today Junior" out of the blue, queue laughs from Mom and Dad.
8.Favorite recipe of the week: I haven't had much time to try out anything new, but I have a hankering for sauerkraut hotdish!
9. What am I reading: Make it Happen by Laura Casey
10. Farm moment of the week: Me "Do you want to ride in the combine with your uncle?"
Little Miss "No, just my dad...he's my favorite guy."
I'm Lisa, a farm wife turned city slicker. A child of God, wife and mother. I'm a dreamer relying on God's grace to get me through.