Seriously exhausted. Whoever said you get your energy back in the second trimester does not have kids at home. Still pinching myself that we have a four year old in the house as well. We did her height measurement the other day and guess who accidentally wrote 3 instead of 4 on the board? Don just laughed at me and shook his head. I think it is half pregnancy and half not wanting her to to grow up. Why does it all go so fast? I’m sure summer will be here and gone in the blink of an eye.
We are all getting spring fever as MN is treating us with weather in the 40s. We had our first thunderstorm of the year last night. Seems a tad early. I keep reminding myself that we will get more cold spells so don’t get too used to it. March will be our true test. If the weather stays like this it will be another early year of field work here in the Red River Valley. If it cools down I will break back out the parka, but I will have to button above and below this growing belly. Fashion at its finest. ;)
Still busy at work and trying to follow through on my goals for the year. Really slacking on the blogging twice a week, but I will get there. Until then here we go:
1. What’s for supper: Used leftover roast to make stuffed Philly cheesesteak stuffed peppers. One of our favorite meals and uses for leftover beef roast. Had a side of brussel sprouts and buttercup squash. Our squash from the fall are keeping well and are such a treat.
2. What am I listening to: Nothing in particular.
3. Weather: As I stated above, seasonally warm and a good way to catch a cold.
4. Weekend plans: I might need to work some on Saturday, but other than that a pretty laid back weekend. Wanting to make a double batch of these cinnamon rolls. We usually make them into caramel rolls, either way this dough recipe is one of the best I have found. When we double the recipe we should be able to put 3 dozen rolls in the freezer. TRIPLE YUM!
5. Watching: Too busy and priorities.
6. Boy moment of the week: We continue to learn how different boys are from girls. And by different I mean crazy energetic and rough. We should have known what we had coming for us with four nephews prior to our sons birth, but I don’t know if we fully believed how crazy they can be. ALL. THE. TIME.
7. Girl moment of the week: Four year old sass. She’s so sweet and care for others but knows how to lay on the sass fairly thick.
8. Recipe of the week: Finally made this sweet and sour chicken over the weekend. Don has found his second love.
9. Reading: I restarted The Most Excellent Way to Lead by Perry Noble
10. Farm moment of the week: The warm weather. Tile pumps are running and like I said, SPRING FEVER.
Enjoy your week and a look at the sweet cake for our f.o.u.r year old.
*all thoughts and opinions in this post are my own and are not endorsed
I'm Lisa, a farm wife turned city slicker. A child of God, wife and mother. I'm a dreamer relying on God's grace to get me through.