1. What’s for supper: Beef stew in the pressure cooker and homemade buttermilk biscuits from the Magnolia Table cookbook.
2. What am I listening to: I just discovered the podcast "The Lazy Genius" and I am loving it. Most episodes are right around 20 minutes and it is packed with little hacks for your family.
3. Scripture of the week: "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you." Isaiah 43:2
4. Aha Moment: As I was listening to this podcast while on the road the theme was being the girl for the job. How true is that?! God made us for a specific purpose and job. I can't be the only one who struggles to remember that, am I right? The book centered on this theme is getting added to my reading list. ASAP.
5. What my children are teaching me: To enjoy the small moments. I am astonished at how well little ones remember details. I had frozen cupcakes from a birthday and took them out to eat the other day. One of the kids asked whose birthday they were from and our oldest knew right away that it was her sister's Minnie Mouse cake and not the airplane cake of her brother. Both birthdays were celebrated at the same time and even were decorated very similar. I the person who made the cakes couldn't remember that.
6. From the Mouth of Babes: "I just tooted in my pants" - M. Lacey
7. Drink of Choice: Cafe Miel
8. Most despised chore: Sweeping dog hair...need I say more?
9. Reading: Discerning the Voice of God: How to Recognize When God is Speaking by Priscilla Shirer
10. Prayer: Lord, be with me at all times. Do not let the fire consume me, but rather teach me to be more like you. Amen.
I'm Lisa, a farm wife turned city slicker. A child of God, wife and mother. I'm a dreamer relying on God's grace to get me through.