We are in the thick of harvest and I love this time of year, but at the same time I am ready for the end. It really all goes too fast and is a blur but I know that I will embrace harvest more as our kiddos get older. It's a hard stage of life where I could hear the reminder daily that "the days are long but the years are short." That really needs to be my motto for harvest. Before we know it planting season will be here and the cycle will begin once again and POOF the year will be gone.
Besides farming I have been busy with kids, work and housework. We spent the weekend with family and I conquered hiking and a pumpkin patch alone with the kids. Throughout the day Saturday I was giving Mr. Farmer a play by play of the above activities. At one point he text me "you're the mom of the decade." Can you say confidence booster!? So men if you are reading this take note. Sometimes all us ladies need is a little encouragement and words of affirmation to let us know that we are doing alright. Those little words let me know that he truly appreciates all that I do when he is busy in the field. Marriage is a partnership and some days I feel like we really have it together and Saturday was one of those days. Ok enough of that mushy rubbish onward to this week's Tuesday Ten:
1. What's for supper? Leftovers...let's be honest I did not feel like making supper and sometimes the fridge needs to have some attention too.
2. What am I listening to? I listened to an Entreleadership Podcast that featured Lou Holtz on my drive to a meeting yesterday and was blown away by his message. I am not a huge college sports fan, but his message applies to everyday life and hits home! So please humor me and check it out...you will love it!
3. How's the weather? It's October in Minnesota, one day you are wearing shorts and flip flops the next you are in your parka and winter boots.
4. What are our weekend plans? Attending my nephews football game and lots of family time on Sunday!
5. What are we watching? I didn't watch a lick this past week , but I do know there are quite a few things dvr'd
6. Boy mom moment of the past week: He finally got his first combiner ride AND I think he is hooked. Surprise, surprise :)
7. Girl mom moment of the past week: Wanting to ride with Papa in the grain cart every moment of every day.
8. Favorite recipe of the week: I made egg bake for tomorrow morning, does that count? I guess it does, because I write the rules here. ;)
9. What am I reading: The Mommy Shorts Guide to Remarkably Average Parenting, it's providing me with lots of belly laughs and relatable moments.
10. Farm moment of the week: Getting a rain day so the kids could see Mr. Farmer for more than 5 minutes.
I'm Lisa, a farm wife turned city slicker. A child of God, wife and mother. I'm a dreamer relying on God's grace to get me through.