Sat down thinking I was going to write a post and then I turned on Fixer Upper. Is anyone really surprised that I was side tracked by Chip and Jo?! I was just thinking about the little things in life that keep me on track and looking for the positive and you know what? I feel like Chip is a good example of what we need to be. Not afraid to show our silly side while getting business taken care of.
I was working at the office on Saturday morning with high expectations for the looming stack on my desk. To say I didn’t get much accomplished was an understatement. The systems I needed to use weren’t working, I was having to do excessive calculations by hand. This was followed by a meeting that went longer than expected. I got home feeling defeated and my husband brought me right back to where I needed to be. He said “that’s one more policy done than you had when you went in this morning.” He was sooooo right. He looked for the positive while all I could see was the negative. Isn’t this part of the reason God places people in our lives? To bring us right back on track and to keep us honest. We are in a class at church together and just tonight we discussed surrounding yourself with people who you want to emulate. Again glad he placed my husband in my life to reign me back in.
And with that here is my Tuesday Ten:
1. What’s for supper: We had spaghetti. I have been back on track with meal planning and love the meal planning pages in my Heart of the Farm Planner (https://www.heartofthefarmplanner.com). Even better there are freezer inventory pages. (insert praising hand emoji)
2. What am I listening to: Catching up on EntreLeadership. This is my favorite podcast hands down. So many things to pick up on even if you aren’t an entrepreneur.
3. Weather: We got some nasty snow rain mix today. The roads were not treated so pretty icy but nothing a good Minnesotan can’t handle.
4. Weekend plans: We are road tripping with another couple to a college friendswedding. So fun to be able to reconnect with our friends from our NDSU days.
5. Watching: I think you already know the answer. ;)
6. Boy moment of the week: So many new words, he just keeps melting my heart. There are talks of transitioning to a big kid bed soon with a new bundle arriving in June. This makes me really want to spend extra time snuggling with him. They are only little for such a short period of time.
7. Girl moment of the week: We have been experimenting with dressing ourselves lately and the results…while I bet you can about imagine, pretty psychedelic. We were floral on floral on floral yesterday. She looked like a fresh breath of spring.
8. Recipe of the week: Looking at trying some sweet and sour chicken. I’ll report back.
9. Reading: Not sure I am going to make my goal for the year, I need to pick one up and get to it.
10. Farm moment of the week: Teaching our little boy to say John Deere and my sweet parents bringing a bottle lamb up for the kids to see. My Dad typically watches the kiddos on Wednesday but with lambing he takes a couple weeks off. They were worried the lamb would be too big by the time we return to our regular schedule for the kiddos to enjoy.
I'm Lisa, a farm wife turned city slicker. A child of God, wife and mother. I'm a dreamer relying on God's grace to get me through.